8 Reasons To Get Outside This Weekend In Austin!
- It’s going to be a sweet high of 77-79 degrees this weekend so the only thing to do is get outside and drink a mimosa carafe. Our favorite place to patio is at Perla’s (great for people watching) because they have amazing Bloody Mary’s and oyster shooters. If you miss brunch, just grab a seat anywhere outside and crack open a cold drink and enjoy the great weather!
- Nothing is more beautiful or peaceful than taking a hike to Hamilton pool. Enjoy the beautiful surroundings and stare at the waterfall for hours. Take a picnic and just make a day of it. We also love going to Jacob’s Well and checking out the crazy hole in the water phenomenon!
- Zilker Park always has some sort of fun activity going on. This weekend you can ride the Zilker Zephyr around the park until May 12! The train ride lasts about 25 minutes and it takes you once around Zilker Park, along Lady Bird Lake, through the playscapes and through a tunnel. Fun!
- If you’re down to have a relaxing, casual day, hitting the Farmers Market at Barton Creek Mall is the thing to do. Grab your significant other, hold hands and peruse through all of the fresh veggies and hand crafted goods that the market offers. Shopping local is so hot right now.
- It’s time to hit the next exercise phenomenon, paddle boarding! The best part is that you can do it downtown on Lady Bird Lake. Soaking up those rays while exercising is a must this weekend!
- Famed local “yardist” Vince Hannemann has created a self-proclaimed Cathedral of Junk – a three-story structure made from more than 60 tons of reclaimed bicycle and auto parts, record players, mismatched pairs of crutches and just about everything else you could imagine. Pose for a picture in the “Throne Room” and take a look around the place this weekend for a fun, off the beaten path activity you can do with the whole family!