5 Things You Should Know Before Moving To Austin!
If you have decided to make a cross country move to Austin or you’re just moving from a few hours away, there are some things you need to know about the city. A commonly shared trait amongst those who hail from ATX is a mighty sense of pride attached to our zip code. Whether someone has lived here for 6 months, since college, or if they were born and raised here, the people of the 512 love to have their friends in town and show off this great city they call home. Luckily, we can take some stuff off your plate when you move here by finding you a place to live!! Here are all the things you should know about the city we call home!
1. Traffic really isn’t that bad in Austin. As compared to LA or Atlanta, you’re golden! You do have to get used to it but it’s really not that bad! If you are dying to live near downtown, we can find you an affordable spot that isn’t going to cause you pain because of traffic!
2. People go super hard for Austin. It’s literally the fastest growing city in the US so people are obviously super into it if they’re flocking here in bulk! The cost of living is relatively low and there are a ton of job opportunities! We specialize in finding awesome deals for apartments all over Austin so give us a call because we know of the coolest areas to live!!
3. There’s a ton to do in Austin and everything is relatively about a 20 minute drive away from downtown! You don’t have to take a train to get to a fun destination because everything is pretty driveable! If you like to live a little further out of the city, we know of some awesome spots with some sick Hill Country views!
4. Austin is super outdoorsy. People that live here enjoy being outside and participating in different sports! If you want to be near parks, jogging trails or great outdoor spaces for your dog, we know of some awesome spots! There are at least a dozen marathons, 10ks, triathlons, here every year!! Plus, the hike and bike trail around Ladybird lake is super popular too.
5. There really is live music every night of the week in Austin. From holes in the wall like, well, Hole in the Wall, to larger venues like Austin City Limits Live and Stubb’s, if music is your thing, Austin is your city. It may be the self-proclaimed live music capital of the world, but that’s only because it’s true. And if you love live music, we can help you find an awesome apartment within walking distance!
If you are moving to Austin and need help finding an apartment, give us a call or text at 512-815-2317 or fill out one of our apartment search forms for more info and to set up a tour today!